Sunday, August 30, 2009

Biking to Lindy-in-the-Park






There's dancing in Golden Gate Park every Sunday at noon: the swing-time sensation for everyone, no matter age or ability. Come as you are or dress for the occasion, as NOPA's Dale Danley chose to do this past Sunday. One more example of "Who says you can't dress well while biking?"

After a brief
run-in with the city bureaucracy -- what do you mean you don't have a permit for these dance lessons that have been going on for years? -- the Lindy hoppers continue doing their steps with the park concourse in the background.

Bike on by anytime for a turn! Walkers encouraged as well.

4 comments:

  1. love Swing,
    and love Bikes.

    so,

    keep on keepin' on!

    kudos!

    ..
    .ero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Hi,
    I had a bike since i was a kid, but the conditions of my living area doesn't allow it .Still i love bikes.
    I've sent you a couple of comments.
    i also followed you.
    Hope you get a chance to check out my last entry written in the memory of my best friend.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To intoduce myself properly.
    I'm an economist, loving nature,writing,photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to Betty for her lovely post on her site: life lessons learned amid tragedy and now enriching her days...and ours.

    ReplyDelete